Monday, January 19, 2015

Tiny Kind Notes
#allingoodkind

I'm all about spreading kindness. So when I had some extra black card stock, I got to thinking...how fun would it be to make tiny, cheerful notes and spread them around town?
Spreading kindness with tiny kind notes. #allingoodkind || Artist Mari Orr

I cut the card stock to business card dimensions (2 x 3.5") -- small enough so that I could carry them with me easily.

They're also easy to hide with such small dimensions.

I decorated my cards with metallic Sharpie markers, which stand out nicely on the black paper.
Spreading kindness with tiny kind notes. #allingoodkind || Artist Mari Orr

Once I started scribbling little kind notes, it was hard to stop!
Spreading kindness with tiny kind notes. #allingoodkind || Artist Mari Orr

Armed with my stockpile of kindness, I went about my daily errands. I left some notes on grocery store shelves, at Costco, on a gas station pump, at the home improvement store, between library books...it's such a thrill depositing my tiny cards without anyone seeing me!

...so much of a thrill that I usually don't stick around. I felt brave enough to snap a quick photo at the library before I rushed out of there:
Spreading kindness with tiny kind notes. #allingoodkind || Artist Mari Orr
Wouldn't that tiny card make your day if you came across it??

I'm trusting that my notes will reach the people that need them most.

And hey, if you want to join me, please do! They don't have to be black, they don't have to be fancy -- you can scribble on a Post-it for all I care. Just think of something kind to say and leave your note somewhere for a stranger to find. Tag #allingoodkind if you're brave enough to snap a photo before you leave the scene of the kind. ;)
Spreading kindness with tiny kind notes. #allingoodkind || Artist Mari Orr

Update: @livingsuburbia on Instagram is helping me spread my tiny Kind Notes -- and he managed to snap a sneaky pic of one he left at the bank! Perfect placement, Chris! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the new look..I'm hoping to do this with my girls in February - a homeschool love mission : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jill! I can't wait to see what you and your creative girls come up with.

      Delete