Saturday, November 15, 2014

H E L L O

Hi, there!

I'm Mari, a 33-year-old dreamer. I've been creating my whole life and finally decided to make some of my works available for purchase. My portfolio includes oil paintings, watercolors, weavings, and calligraphy. I like to dabble in pretty much everything, though!

You may know me from my blog about our first house, crab+fish. I'll continue recording our home decor and improvement projects there, as they occur. However, for the past few months, I've been concentrating on art and my husband has been working crazy hours -- so there's been no home improvement to speak of. :)

As for my art, I especially like to focus on spreading kindness and uplifting people around me. I regularly give away hand-drawn and hand-painted Kind Notes on my Instagram account, which are mailed anonymously to people that need to know someone is thinking of them. If you want to join in on the fun, you can find me at @meandering_mari!

I've made available a few of my favorite Kind Note designs and I hope you use them to keep spreading the love! A portion from the sale of every pack of Kind Notes will benefit the National Alliance to End Homelessness (US orders) or The Fund for Global Human Rights (international orders).

I live with my hard-working husband and two adorable sons in the suburbs of Chicago. I'm extremely grateful to be able to do what I love and I hope you'll join in on this journey with me!

If you want to read more, here's my official About Me page.