Monday, February 16, 2015

The Postcard Project:
A Soothing Bunch

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day weekend, even if all you did was lay around in sweats with your kids, like I did. :) 

However, I managed to get up and paint a little postcard for you. This week, I was inspired by a lovely bunch of blooms I found at Trader Joe's. 

I flip and I flop on which I like best: bouquets that are all one type of bloom, which are visually pleasing to look at, or assortments of flowers that offer a variety of color and texture (they're so much fun to play with!).

So, this is the week's contribution to the Postcard Project:

It differs a bit from my usual style in that I sketched it out first as opposed to diving straight in with paint.

I like how the presence of the pencil lines adds to the journaling-feel of the final postcard -- like I was out wandering among fields of flowers, sketched this out, then stuck it in the pages of my field journal to be painted later.

What do you like better: with or without the pencil lines?

You can purchase A Soothing Bunch (for just $15!) here.

...and you can read more about my Postcard Project here.


No comments:

Post a Comment