Saturday, March 21, 2015

Review of Society6 Products:
Art Print

Maybe you're an artist like me and have thought about making your works available on Society6. The allure of so easily seeing your art on a variety of merchandise is very tempting!

But, maybe, also like me, you're hesitant to offer goods to your customers without being able to inspect quality first.

That's where I come in! After listing some works on Society6, I ordered a few of my items to make sure I could vouch for what I'm advertising. I started with what I believed would be the most common products a customer would purchase: an art print, a throw pillow, a tote bag, greeting cards, and...I can't remember what else. We'll see what shows up in the mail, I guess!

I got the art print first, so I'll start with that.

I ordered a mini print of my Three Cacti piece. 
Mini art prints measure 8x8".

First things first: Society6 ships everything separately. I kind of wish they'd wait until the order was fulfilled, then send it as one package, but that's a small gripe. I'm now wondering if I missed that option during checkout.

As expected, the shipping material was good quality. My print was sandwiched between two thin sheets of chipboard in a poly bag, which was then packaged in a thick rigid mailer. I'm sure if a print arrived to your customer damaged, Society6 would send a new one out to them. I didn't verify that though.

The description of Society6's art prints: "Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, ultra smooth, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin fee archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom trimmed with 1" border for framing."


I'm really pleased with the quality for the price -- the mini art print retails for around $18. The colors are true to life and saturated. The paper is nice and thick, luxurious feeling, even. Very smooth.

I actually have a similar print in my shop, so I wanted to compare the two. You can see the colors are spot on -- actually, even a bit more saturated in the Society6 print.

Here's a closer look:
Pretty good, right?

I have to say I'm more than satisfied with the quality of my Society6 print and confident my customers will be happy with it as well. At least for my Three Cacti piece. 

One last note: Society6 seems to run promotions quite often -- percentages off and/or free shipping. So if you're going to order one of your own prints to spot-check quality, definitely try to wait until there's a discount of some kind.

You can check out my offerings on Society6 here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    A fantastic review! I'm also with Society6 and love that you endorse their art prints.
    I'm a photog enthusiast without a computer and can not upload any images onto Society6 any more of my travels to Spain & Australia...however, I'm still trying to find my visual voice...haha...
    Thank you so much for sharing your insight. Is it possible to share on my blog?
    Kindest regards
    Angela Seager

    ReplyDelete